| 2000年辽宁省中等学校招生考试英语试题 |
1. A. third B. sir C. shirt D. bird
2. A. safe B. same C. shelf D. save
3. A. you B. few C. knew D. queue
4. A. parts B. past C. star D. pass
5. A. angry B. merry C. hungry D. carry
6. A. think B. thank C. thick D. thin
7. A. quiet B. quite C. quick D. quilt
8. A. please B. place C. plays D. police
9. A. whether B. sweater C. matter D. letter
10. A. bought B. caught C. taught D. thought
11. A. What's this jacket made of?
B. What's this coat made of?
C. What are these bikes made of?
D. What's Jim's jacket made of?
12. A. There is nothing wrong with Dick.
B. There isn't anything wrong with Dick.
C. Something is wrong with Dick.
D. Is there anything wrong with Dick?
13. A. We prefer Chinese food to Japanese food.
B. We like Chinese food better than Japanese food.
C. We like Japanese food better than Chinese food.
D. We like Chinese food as well as Japanese food.
14. A. He's going swimming with his parents.
B. He's going skating with his parents.
C. He's going swimming with his friends.
D. He's going shopping with his friends.
15. A. The population of Australia was 17, 800, 000.
B. The population of Australia was 77, 100, 000.
C. The population of Australia was 70, 300, 000.
D. The population of Australia was 71, 800, 000.
16. A. Do you need my help, madam?
B. What can I do for you, madam?
C. Can you help me, madam?
D. Can I give you some help, madam?
17. A. John and Ann got a penfriend.
B. Neither John nor Ann has a pendfriend.
C. Both John and Ann have got penfriends.
D. John has got a penfriend, but Ann hasn't.
18. A. Is that the headmaster speaking?
B. Could I speak to the headmaster, please?
C. Who's that speaking?
D. This is the headmaster speaking.
19. A. Can you speak English?
B. Can you teach English?
C. Can you learn English by yourselves?
D. Can you learn English all by yourself?
20. A. There're fifty-four students in our class.
B. There're more than sixty students in our class.
C. There're less than fifty students in our class.
D. Twenty-eight are boys and twenty-six girls in our class.
根据你所听到的短文，从下列各题的A, B, C, D四个选项中，选出一个能够填入空白处的最佳答案。（本题读三遍）
21. Fred has a ______.
A. mother B. wife C. son D. daughter
22. Fred buys a new car ______.
A. half a year B. each year C. every two years D. every three years
23. Fred is a ______ man.
A. short, fat B. poor, sad C. rich, happy D. tall, thin
24. There was ______ near Fred's car.
A. a big ball B. an old bike C. a small boy D. a lovely girl
25. Fred _____.
A. works in a shop B. likes driving slowly
C. has a yellow car D. can't get into his car easily
从下列各题的A, B, C, D四个选项中，选出一个可以填入空白处的最佳答案。
26. What ______ you like for breakfast?
A. may B. will C. would D. can
27. Have you received a letter from Jim ______?
A. yet B. just C. never D. ever
28. He likes the book but it ______ too much.
A. pays B. costs C. takes D. spends
29. There ______ sheep in the field.
A. are much B. is small C. is a few D. is a little
30. They won't go to the Great Wall if it ______ tomorrow.
A. rain B. raining C. rains D. will rain
31. Miss Li is one of ______ in our school.
A. a popular teacher B. more popular teacher
C. most popular teacher D. the most popular teachers
32. Have you decided ______ Canada?
A. when will you leave B. when you will leave
C. when are you leaving D. when you leaving
33. --- Is the old man still alive?
--- I'm sorry he's ______. He ______ one week ago.
A. dead, died B. dying, dead C. dying, died D. died, dead
34. ______ your help, we finished the work on time.
A. Thanks B. Thanks of C. Thank for D. Thanks to
35. The teacher found him ______ boy.
A. a not clever B. was a clever C. a clever D. is a clever
36. Jeff ______ football and knows a lot about ot.
A. is interested on B. is interested in
C. is interesting about D. is interesting with
37. Mr Black ______ China for many years.
A. has been to B. has gone to C. has been in D. has come to
38. ______ books must be produced for the children.
A. Many thousands B. Many thousands of
C. Many thousand of D. Many thousand
39. Li Ming was too tired. So he ______ rest.
A. stops to have a B. stopped to have a
C. stopped have a D. stopped having a
40. I don't like this sweater. Please ______ me another.
A. show B. try C. put D. look
41. China has built a Great Green Wall ______ the northern part ______ the country.
A. to, in B. across, of C. across, on D. at, of
42. When ______ the accident ______?
A. was, happened B. had, happened
C. did, happen D. was, happening
43. You'd better ______ more water, Tom. It's good for your health.
A. drink B. drinking C. to drink D. drank
44. Have you ever seen ______ bif panda before?
A. a such B. such a C. so a D. a so
45. Why, here's my pen! I ______ it just now, but I didn't ______ it.
A. looked for, found B. found, look for
C. looked for, find D. found, looked for
Scientists have always wanted to know more about the universe.Years ago they knew many things about the moon. They knew how big it was and how far away from the earth. But they wanted to know more about it. They thought thebest way was to send men to the moon.The moon is about 384, 000 kilometres away from the earth. A plane cannot fly to the moon because the air reaches only 240 kilometres away from the earth. But something can fly even when there is no air. That is a rocket（火箭）.
How does a rocket fly? There is gas（气体）in the rocket. When the gas is made very hot inside the rocket, it will rush out of the end of the rocket, so it can make the rocket fly up into the sky. Rockets can fly out into space. Rockets with men in them have been to the moon.Several rockets without men in them have flown to another planet（行星）much farther away than the moon. One day rockets may be able to go to any place in space.
46. Scientists have known ______ the moon is.
A. how long B. how heavy C. how old D. how big
47. The earth is about 384, 000 kilometres away from the ______.
A. space B. universe C. sun D. moon
48. A plane cannot fly to the moon because ______.
A. there is no air above 240 kilometres away from the earth
B. there is no gas in the plane
C. the plane is not strong enough
D. the plane must be driven by a man
49. The hot gas in the rocket is used for ______.
A. keeping the air in the rocket fresh（新鲜的）
B. keeping the men in the rocket warm
C. making the rocket fly up
D. cooking food for the men
50. Several rockets without men in them have flown to ______.
A. the stars B. the satellites of the sun
C. the sun D. another satellite of the sun
Tom didn't live too far from school. So he went there and back on foot every day. On his way to school he passed（路过）a wet playground when it rained. One day the boy came home very wet. His mother became angry and said, "Don't play in the water on your way home or to school."The next day he came home very wet again. His mother became even angrier. "I'll tell
your father if you come home wet again." she said, "Then he'll punish（惩罚）you."The next day the young boy was dry when he came home from school. "You were agood boy today," his mother said, "You didn't play in the water." "No," he answered sadly,
"There were so many older boys in the water when I got there this afternoon that there wasn't any room for me at all."
51. Tom ______.
A. lived too far away from school
B. didn't come back home every day
C. went to school with his mother
D. walked to school
52. There was a ______ on his way to school.
A. bridge B. lake C. wet ground D. playground
53. Tom's mother got angry because ______.
A. Tom was all wet B. Tom was dry
C. Tom was punished D. it rained
54. Which of the following is true?
A. Tom played in the water three times.
B. Tom didn't play in the water the third day.
C. Many older boys played in the water with Tom the third day.
D. Tom became a good boy the third day.
55. From the story we know that ______.
A. Tom didn't want to play in the water later
B. Tom's father punished him
C. Tom liked to play in the water
D. Tom was afraid of his parents
Almost everyone in the world uses oil（石油）in some way. Without oil, the world will stop, so men look for it everywhere. Oilmen drill for oil in deserts（沙漠）, in mountains and under the sea. Quite often they find nothing, but the search（寻找）for oil always goes on. Oil is very important because none of our machines can run without it. Big ships carry oil every-where. Perhaps the oil in your bicycle or in your father's car has come from somewhere far away. Perhaps it has come from Iraq（伊拉克）or Venezuela（委内瑞拉）. Cars and bicycles need oil, but so do many other things. How many things can you name?
56. ______ oil in some way in the world.
A. Most people use B. Hardly anyone uses
C. All people use D. Few people use
57. In the passage "drill" means ______.
A. 操练 B. 操练 C. 钻探 D. 开采
58. Oilmen sometimes find oil ______.
A. in deserts B. in mountains C. under the sea D. A, B and C
59. Oilmen ______ oil all the time.
A. look up B. look for C. look into D. look out
60. The sentence "Big ships carry oil everywhere." tells us ______.
A. oil comes from everywhere
B. oil comes from big ships
C. oil is needed everywhere
D. big ships need oil everywhere
61. b _ _ _ _ _ next to
62. d _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ not easy, hard
63. h _ _ _ _ move or do something quickly
64. b _ _ _ not only one but also the other
65. k _ _ made of metal for locking or unlocking
66. The ______ month of the year is December. (twelve)
67. Do you know who jumped ______ in your school? (far)
68. Edison built a science lab ______. (he)
69. What about ______ around Hangzhou? (travel)
70. The best ______ in this sports meeting is Lin Tao. (run)
71. I ______ with you. Lesson 6 is more important than Lesson 7.
72. We can't go there with you. We are very ______ getting ready for Christmas.
73. Robert knows a little Chinese, _____ he?
74. This pen is only 2 yuan. It's very ______.
75. Mr Smith is on his way to London. He will ______ to the city at 10:15 next Monday.
76. It's a long time since we met last.
We ______ ______ each other for a long time since we met last.
77. Lily was born on May 10, 1984, so was Lucy.
Lily ______ always ______ ______ ______ Lucy.
78. He borrowed this book two weeks ago.
He ______ ______ this book for two weeks.
79. She wrote the music of the songs in 1990.
The music of the songs ______ ______ by ______ in 1990.
80. Wei Hua may be on the team, or Ann may.
______ Wei Hua ______ Ann may be on the team.
81. Does Mr Brown enjoy living in China? Could you tell us?
Could you tell us ______ Mr Brown ______ living in China?
Mr White came home from work at six in the afternoon. He felt tired. As soon as he sat down __82__ a chair. Mrs White __83__ him a cup of tea."Thank you, dear," said Mr White.
"Have you __84)) from Mr Green?" she asked.
"I've had __85__ letter from him," Mr White said. "His leg is getting __86__." Mr White drank the tea and turned __87__ the TV. "Um, what's wrong with the TV? There's __88__ programme on any of the channels."
"I'm afraid it needs mending." Mrs White turned __89__ the TV.
"Never mind. I'll see __90__ I can do with the TV this weekend." said Mr White. "Now let's listen to the radio __91__."
A: Hello, Jim. How are you?
B: Oh, hello, Ling Feng. How are you?
A: __92__. I hear you are going to Australia for a holiday.
B: Yes. I'll go with my parents next week.
A: How's the __93__ there now?
B: It's neither too __94__ nor too __95__. It's very warm.
A: Oh, I'm sure you'll __96__ a good time.
B: I think so.
A: Excuse me, Madam. Could you please tell me __97__ to get to the Children’s Hospital?
B: __98__, I don't know. I'm new here. Please ask that man.
A: Excuse me, sir. Could you tell me the __99__ to the Children's Hospital?
C: __100__ along the street. At the end of the street you'll see __101__.
A: Thank you very much.
A: Good morning, doctor.
B: Good morning. What's your __102__, young man?
A: I can't see things clearly.
B: How long have you __103__ like this?
A: Ever __104__ last week.
B: Do you often watch TV?
A: Yes. Almost every day.
B: You know watching TV too much is __105__ for your eyes. You must do more __106__ exercises and mustn't watch TV too often. Your eyes will be better soon.
A: OK! Thank you, doctor.
A. 107. 将下列句子按逻辑顺序重新排序。（用数字1-5填写，本小题5分）
This is just ten years after it reached five billion.
That means that in the future（将来）, there will be standing room only on the earth.
In 1990, there were over five billion people on the earth.
People say that by the year 2010, it may seven billion.
A UN report says that the world population will pass six billion by the end of the twentieth century.
B. 108. 在下列两幅图中选其一，并根据所选图的情景和图下所给的提示词语，用英文
图 1 见Lesson 69 Book III March, the People's Park, tired, happy
图 2 见“总复习P129 Ex 2 左半图 ill, housework, happy, thank
“I. 1-5CDCAC6-10ABDBAII. A. 11-15DBBCA B. 16-20BCBDAIII. 21- 25ABCCD笔试部分IV. 26- 30CABDC 31- 35DBADC 36- 40BCBBA 41- 45BCABC· 251·
V. 46- 50DDACD 51- 55DDABC 56- 60ACDBCVI. 61. beside 62. difficult 63. hurry 64. both 65. key 66. twelfth 67. farthest 68. himself 69. travelling／traveling 70. runner 71. agree 72. busy 73. doesn’t 74. cheap 75. get
VII. 76. haven’t seen／met 77. is, as old as 78. has kept 79. was written, her 80. Either, or 81, if／whether, enjoys
VIII. 82. in 83. brought 84. heard 85. another 86. better 87. on 88. no 89. off 90. what 91. instead
IX. 92. Fine 93. weather 94. cold／hot 95. hot／cold 96. have 97. how 98. Sorry 99. way 100. Go／Walk 101. it 102. trouble 103. been 104. since 105. bad 106. eye
X. 107. 3、5、1、4、2108.
Sunday March 12th, 2000, sunny
It’s March now. It’s the best time for planting trees. Today was Sunday. There were no classes. We went to plant trees in the People’s Park. We planted many young trees along the lake. We all worked hard. Every one of us felt tired, but we were very happy.
Saturday May20th, 2000 cloudy
It was Saturday today. Grandma Li was ill in bed. Li Lei／Han Mei and I went (to her house) to look after her. Li Lei／I helped her do some housework／clean the table. I／Han Mei gave food to her. Grandma Li was very happy. She said, “What good／kind children you are！Thank you”.