| 2000年武汉市高级中等学校招生考试 |
1. A. At home. B. Very late. C. It was delicious.
2. A. Wood, I think. B. It’s cheap but useful. C. A factory in Wuhan.
3. A. It’s nice B. About I thousand yuan. C. On June 8th.
4. A. I think so. B. With Class Two. C. Bill will.
5. A. In the classroom. B. After class was over. C. It was about the sports meeting.
II. 单句理解 从A、B、C、三个答案中找出一个与你所听到的句子意义相近的答案。
6. A. They are very good friends.
B. They work very well.
C. They will go together.
7. A. John can’t speak English at all.
B. John can’t speak English well.
C. John wants to learn to speak English.
8. A. Nobody told Jack and Jane the story yesterday.
B. They told the story yesterday.
C. Someone told them the story yesterday.
9. A. John and Ann like watching TV.
B. An likes watching TV with John.
C. John likes watching. TV but Ann doesn’t .
10. A. Jack’s father had no ticket to see the film.
B. Jack’s father didn’t want him to go to the cinema.
C. Jack’s father went to the film with him.
III. 对话理解 从A、B、C三个答案中，选出一个与你所听到的一段对话内容相符的问题的答案。
11. A. Newspapers. B. The People’s Park. C. A big fire.
12. A. He wants the woman to stay. B. He wants to hear from the woman. C. He wants to write about the woman.
13. A. no, only the woman did. B. Yes, they did. C. No, neither of them did.
14. A. 110 minutes. B. 120 minutes. C. 130 minutes.
15. A. It won’t be finished. B. it’s not been finished. C. It’ s ready.
IV. 短文理解从A、B、C 三个答案中选出一个与你所听到的短文内容相符的答案。
16. In many countries some farmers live in ______________.
A. towns B. the mountains C. the schools
17. American farmers don’t have to go from a village to the fields because they ____________.
A. are not busy B. just live on their fields C. have no neighbours around.
18. Some children will walk to school because___________.
A. they like to B. their parents are poor farmers C. no buses can reach their homes
19. American farmers go to the nearest town to _________.
A. buy things B. stay for two nights C. sell their tomatoes
20. American farmers stay on their farms for__________.
A. four days B. seven days C. two days.
二． 选择填空 从每小题目A、B、C、D四个选项中选出一个最佳 答案。 （本题目共15分，每小题1分）
21. -Who washed the plates on the table?
- Jenny ________.
A. did B. was C. had D. would
22. - How are you feeling now?
A. Very interesting B. Much better C. Never mind D. Thank you very much.
23. - Could you look after y daughter for me while I’m away?
A. Yes, here you are B. You’re welcome C. Yes, please D. With pleasure
24. - Oh, I’ve left my schoolbag in the classroom.
- Don’t worry, I’ll ___it for you.
A. get B. carry C. bring D. take
25. - We never know _______he is.
- They say he is a doctor.
A. whom B. what C. which D. where
26. - __________?
- Quite well, thank you.
A. What do you do B. What do you think of it.
C. How are you getting on with your English D. Are you good at English
27. - What’s the weather going to be like next week?
- It’s going to be ________.
A. wet B. dark C. long D far
28. - My parents have been to the United States.
- Really? When _______there?
A. will they go B. did they go C. had they gone D. have they gone.
29. - How long have you ____the football team of the school?
-About two years.
A. been on B. been at C. joined D. played
30. - Would you like to come to dinner tonight?
- I’d like to, _____I’m to busy.
A. and B. if C. so D. but
31. - Will Mr. Smith be here soon?
- I can’t tell. Let’s go and _____when the train arrives.
A. look B. look for C. find D. find out
32. - Shall we stop and have _______tea now?
A. any B. some C. little D. a bit
33. - Many I ______your bike?
- Sorry. I ______it to Mary yesterday.
A. keep; borrowed B. borrow; repaired C. use; lent D. lend; returned
34. - What a nice garden!
- It ___ every day.
A. is cleaning B. has cleaned C. must clean D. is cleaned.
35. - Where is Tom?
- He’s left a _____ saying that he has something important to do.
A. excuse B. sentence C. news D. message
三、完形填空 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从36-50各题目所给的四个 选项中，选出一个最佳 答案。（本是共15分，每小题1分）
“Jane, please let me borrow a dollar,” Jenny asked as they stood in the school lunch line. “I have one in my jacket, but I don’t want to (36) and lose my place.” “OK,” agreed Jane.
Jane waited all day for Jenny to (37) back the dollar she borrowed, but Jenny always seemed to be (38). “ She’s just forgotten,” thought Jane. “ I don’t (39) to make her angry.” Still, her money didn’t go (40). Some classmates, like Jenny, were (41) five dollars a week.
Weeks went by. At last Jane got up enough courage (勇气) to tell her about the (42).
“Oh Jane, I (43)!” Jenny said. “ I’ll bring the dollar tomorrow.” The next day Jenny seemed to have forgotten again. During the noon hour Jane saw her (44) sweets for Mary and ann. Jenny saw Jane looking at her. (45 she said something in a low voice to the other two girls. Jane felt (46) and asked her teacher if she could go back to the (47). In the classroom, Jane saw two new pencils in Jenny’s desk. An (48) came to her.
“ Jenny’s not (49) lately, and anyway, she really owes (欠)me. Besides, she has (50) money to buy more. A dollar doesn’t mean anything to her, but it means a lot to me.”
36. A. stay B. wait C. leave D. take
37. A. return B. lend C. take D. pay
38. A. busy B. happy C. free D. sad
39. A. want B. mind C. know D. back
40. A. up B. on C. far D. back
41. A. losing B. getting C. finding D. asking
42. A. money B. lunch C. place D. classmate
43. A. used B. forgot C. understood D. thought
44. A. borrowing B. making C. selling D. buying
45. A. Even B. Again C. Then D. Instead
46. A. alone B. bad C. hungry D. lucky
47. A. office B. classroom C. shop D. school
48. A. end B. answer C. idea D. example
49. A. busy B. pleased C. healthy D. kind
50. A. little B. enough C. many D. all.
Little Tom down the street calls our dog “ the keep dog”. Zip is a sheep dog. But when Tom tries to say “sheep”, it comes out “keep”. And in a way Tom is right. Zip is always bringing things home for us to keep! I’ll tell you about some of them. Zip’s first present was a shoe. It was made of green silk. We didn’t know how Zip found the shoe. But after a moment Mary, my big sister, told me the shoe had a strange smell. I nodded (点头)and held my nose.” What do you think it is?” “It smells like something for cleaning. I think someone tried to clean a spot (污点)off the shoe. Then he put it at the door to dry.” “ Along came Zip. And good-bye shoe!” I said. “We should take it back.” “ We can’t, “ said my sister.
“ I know we can’t,” I said. “We don’t know where Zip found it.”
“ Maybe little Tom is right,” Mary said. “Maybe Zip is a keep dog!”
51. The writer and Mary didn’t know__________.
A. what Zip’s first present was B. how Zip carried its first present home
C. who owned Zip’s first present D. what Zip’s first present was made of
52. Tom calls Zip “ the keep dog” because _______.
A. the dog likes keeping things B. the dog likes playing with shoes
C. he doesn’t know the dog’s name D. he can’t pronounce the word “sheep” well
53. What made the shoe strange was _______.
A. its colour B. its smell C. its size D. that it was a silk one
54. The word “keep” in the last sentence means”_____”
A. keeping things for itself B. bringing things for others to keep
C. not letting it run about D. baking care of a small child.
55. We can know from the reading that the dog_______.
A. likes to give presents to people B. has been kept in at the writer’s home
C. has brought some trouble D. likes to be called “the keep dog”
Bob always took the newspaper to Grandpa White’s home last before going home. Grandpa White’s was at the end of the road. Bob liked Grandpa White. He was often waiting for him near the front gate with sweets or a nice cake. Besides, he often asked Bob about things he was doing - about what he was going to do for the summer and what he liked to do.
The thing that Bob didn’t like about Grandpa was his never-ending stories about his boyhood (童年)in California. Bob never asked to hear about Grandpa’s boyhood, but he couldn’t get away.
After Grandpa’s wife died in October, Bob could see that Grandpa was lonelier than ever. He would often join Bob halfway along the road and walk along with him as he gave out the papers. Grandpa seemed to have all day, and Bob often was late getting his papers to his customers (订报者), Bob didn’t want to complain (抱怨)，but the customers were unhappy.
56. When he took the newspaper to Grandpa White, Bob would often receive______.
A. old newspapers B. sweets or a cake C. some money D. a paper with questions for him to answer
57. Which do you think is true?
C. Bob lived with Grandpa. B. Grandpa had many stories about his boyhood.
C. Grandpa didn’t like to read newspapers. D. Bob took the newspaper to Grandpa first.
58. Bob could do nothing when________.
C. the customers got their newspapers late B. Grandpa began to tell him about his boyhood.
C. he saw Grandpa feeling lonely D. Grandpa asked him about the things he was doing
59. The reading mainly (主要) tells us that _______.
A. Bob was still a child. B. Grandpa liked to tell stories
C. the customers sometimes got angry D. lonely people need other people
60. The sentence “Grandpa seemed to have all day” means “_______”.
A. Grandpa always seemed to like daytime B. Grandpa liked telling stories to Bob all day.
C. Grandpa liked to stay with Bob all the time. D. Grandpa seemed to be lonely all day.
When you want to go shopping decide how much money you can, spend for new clothes. Think about the kind of clothes you really need. Then look for those clothes on sale (销售)。 There are labels (标签)inside all new clothes. The labels tell you how to take care of your clothes. The label for a shirt may tell you to wash it in warm water. A sweater label may tell you to wash by washing in cold water. The label on a coat may say “dry clean only”. Washing may ruin (损坏) this coat. If you do as the directions (说明) say on the label, you can keep your clothes looking their best.
Many clothes today must be dry cleaned. Dry cleaning is expensive. When buying new clothes, check (核实)to see if they will need to be dry cleaned. You will save money if you buy clothes that can be washed. You can save money if you buy clothes that are well made. Well-made clothes last longer. They look good even after they have been washed many times. Clothes that cost more money are not always better made. They do not always fit (合身)better. Sometimes less expensive clothes look and fit better than more expensive clothes.
61. If you want to save money, you can buy clothes that ______.
A. don’t fit you B. don’t last long C. need to be dry cleaned D. can be washed
62. The labels inside the clothes tell you _____.
A. how to keep them looking their best B. how to save money
C. whether they fit you or not D. where to get them dry cleaned.
63. The first thing for you to do before you buy clothes is _______.
A. To look for well-made clothes B. to see how much money you can pay
C. to know how to wash them D. to read the labels inside them
64. We learn form the reading that cheaper clothes______.
A. are always worse made B. must be dry cleaned
C. can not be washed D. can sometimes fit you better
65. The best title (标题) for the reading should be ______.
A. Buying Less Expensive Clothes B. Taking Enough When Shopping
C. Being a Clever Clothes Shopper D. Choosing the Labels inside New Clothes
第II 卷 （非选择题， 共40分）
得分 评卷人 五、单词拼写根据下列句子意思和提示，在其后空折处写出各单词的正确形式，单词的第一个字母已给出。（本题共10分，每小题2分）
66. December is the t_______ and last month of the year.
67. It’s so noisy outside. I want to know what is h_______ there.
68. “Look!” said the soldier, and p_______ to a car passing by.
69. The headmaster met the foreign visitors at the e_______ to the school.
70. The boat can take us to the only I________ in the middle of the lake.
wrong, change, sure, good, had, matter, right, tell, know, left, hope, drink
A. Hello, Harris.
B. Hi, Bob.
A. You don't look quite (71)________.
B. Nothing has gone (72) ________for me today.
A. What was the (73) ________?
B. I don't (74) ________. It just isn't my day.
A. Please (75) ________me what has come to you.
B. My car broke down on the way to work. I (76) _______my papers home. And…
A. Well.. I've (77) ________one of those days, too. I'm (78) ________things will get better by themselves.
B. I (79) _______so.
A. Now let's do something for a (80) _______.
B. Good idea.
Do you know the word brunch? In the West, many people like to have brunch - late breakfast or early lunch. People (81) u______ have brunch between 10 a. m. and 2 p. m. on Sunday because they (82) p______ to get up late after a (83) w____ hare work or want to enjoy brunch with their parents, children, or friends. That is a relaxing (放松)and interesting way of eating for most
81. u_________ 82.p_________ 83. w___________ 84. f______________
85. p____________ 86. c__________ 87.b_____________ 88. I______________\par89. f_____________90.v_________.
一．1.A 2.A 3.B 4.C 5.B 6.A 7.B 8.C 9.C 10.B 11. C 12. B 13.C 14.C 15.B 16.A 17.B 18.C 19. A 20.B
二．21.A 22.B 23.D 24.A 25.B 26.C 27.A 28.B 29.A 30.D 31.D 32.B 33.C 34.D 35.D
三．36.C 37.D 38.A 39.A 40.C 41.B 42.A 43. B 44.D 45.C 46..B. 47.B 48.C 49.D 50.B
四．51.C 52.D 53.B 54.B 55.C 56.B 57.B 58.B 59.D 60.C 61.D 62.A 63.B 64.D 65.C
五．66.twelfth 67.happening 68.pointed 69.entrance 70.island
六．71.good 72. right 73.matter 74.know 75.tell 76.left 77.had 78.sure 79.hope 80change
七．81.usually 82. prefer 83.week’s 84. families 85. popular 86.cook 87.both 88. lots 89. following 90. vegetables